Early life Edit
Physical Description Edit
Lydia is a beautiful amber white skinned female with blonde hair that has black highlights and blue eyes. She stands at five foot three. Just like other Shadowhunters Lydia has scars left on her skin from the Shadowhunter runes. Other than just runes Lydia has a tattoo on her back that are tally' marks of kill counts. Lydia wears black and leather clothing but to play the diplomat and representative she wears somewhat traditional clothing.
Personality and traits Edit
Lydia is an abrasive, driven, no-nonsense Shadowhunter who fights for what she believes in. Though harsh at times, she is capable of vulnerability, which she only reveals to select people, and being considerate and understanding, willing to make sacrifices for the well-being of others. Lydia at first came out as an enemy to the Lightwood children but then becomes their friends. Lydia is shown to really care for Alec. Lydia suffers from Survivor Guilt due to her fiance's sacrifice. Lydia is much like Alec Lightwood, a serious, and stoic leader. Lydia seemed to open up later on in season 1 as she got closer to Alec and they stay as confidants and close friends. Lydia is a considerate woman as when Aurora was on the rocks from false revelations made by Valentine she considered her feelings and became friend with the Lightwood children. Lydia is very calm and collected and she keeps her emotions in check but still condones to them. Lydia is a deadpan snarker in a world of snark considerably being in her nephilim nature. Lydia is stubborn and headstrong. Lydia sometimes struggles with sending people on missions as she doesn't want anyone to die or get hurt.
Powers and Skills Edit
- Nephilim physiology: Being Nephilim, Lydia possesses a variety of enhanced physical and mental abilities granted to her by the angel blood of Raziel in her veins and also by the angelic Marks of the Gray Book. This includes enhanced strength, speed, agility, stamina, and coordination, which continue to improve over time and practice.
- The Sight: As a Shadowhunter, Lydia is naturally and easily able to see through most magical illusions and layers of glamour over reality.
- Runic magic: Due to the angel blood in their veins, all Shadowhunters are all able to apply runes on their skin without any real danger. These Marks, in turn, give varied effects that serve to benefit the wearer.
- Use of heavenly weapons: As a Shadowhunter, Lydia is also able to perform tasks unique to their species, such as the ability to use and call on the power of angels for their seraph blades, as well as to handle any heavenly weapons or objects with effect, which would normally not work for other species. In particular, these are tools made of adamas and forged by Iron Sisters.
- Expert hand-to-hand combat: Lydia is highly skilled in armed and unarmed combat. She can overpower most. She was unable to hold her own against Hodge who is much older than her and a former Circle member
- Bo-staff Master: This is Lydia's choice of weaponry. Lydia is highly proficient in the masters bōjutsu and stick fighting. She demonstrate a aptitude for the ways of the Bō, being able to wield it with great proficiency and skill.
- Bilingual: Lydia can fluently speaks English and is shown to also speak Arabic, Greek, French, and Latin, considering it is the original languages and sayings of shadowhunters
- Basic Shadowhunter gear, including: a Sensor, steles, seraph blades, and witchlight.
- Bo-staff: Lydia uses a bostaff as her primary weapon of choice in battle. These disconnect into 2 durable batons as an easy way.
- The Branwell Comb: Lydia possesses her family comb that is past down to females through generations. It is pure gold decorated with blue sapphire and pearls and seashells.
- John Monteverde (Deceased Fiance)
Alec Lightwood Edit
Lydia and Alec actually began on good terms with each other than Lydia did with his siblings. Lydia and Alec are quite alike to begin with. For Alec to protect his family asked for her hand in marriage. Lydia new of Alec's true feelings and grew to care for him so she supports his love for Magnus and there relationship. They remain as colleagues and close friends and are protective of each other.
Aurora Fairchild Edit
At first just like Jace and Isabelle, Aurora didn't like Lydia very much as she though that she didn't truly care about no one or anything for that matter. They soon developed mutual respect for each other after the fake revelations of Valentine. Edit
Jace Herondale Edit
Just like Rory and Izzy, Jace didn't take his liking to Lydia at first. He especially didn't enjoy the fact that Lydia was going to marry Alec out of the fact that it could give them specifically her some benefit. They soon became close colleagues and friends